Created on: January 23, 2024
Modified on: February 16, 2024

Currently, four organizations are helping to place Ukrainians in separate temporary housing provided through the Offer a Home or Pledged accommodation schemes, these are:


In order to be eligible to apply for separate housing from the state, two requirements must be met:

✔ the applicant must be a beneficiary of temporary protection (BoTP).

✔ at the time of application, the applicant must be living in housing (hostel, hotel) funded by the state to support Ukrainian refugees.

To submit an application, the Applicant must write and send an e-mail to the Peter McVerry Trust at and include in the copy the email address of Kerry County Council Please be aware that the email address is only relevant to people looking for pledged accommodation in County Kerry and cannot assist you with moving to another part of the country.

The letter must contain the following information about the Applicant:

  • current address;
  • name(s) and surname(s) of the applicants;
  • phone number;
  • date of birth;
  • gender of the applicant(s);
  • wishes regarding the location of the housing ( name of the city);
  • indicate the presence/absence of a car;
  • indicate the presence/absence of a pet;
  • medical details;
  • allergic reactions;
  • if you work, indicate where you work, for example, in a neighboring town or village;
  • if you have children, which school(s) he/she attends.